Can you guess what we decided on?
With a little alteration and two Saturdays the transformation took place.
The basic frame is 10′ x 12′ with 4 roof vents and siding front doors. After the initial construction and re enforcements were in place, we set it into place. The following weekend we decided that the cement was so cold that we should put in an insulated floor so it would not be really uncomfortable when we are setting up in the spring.
My father was gracious in giving us 13 heavy resin shelves with legs for 4 tables. We used seven 2′ x 8′ shelves to raise the floor. The next layer is 2″ pink insulation then plywood to smooth everything out. The resin shelving will let the rain shed on the driveway area to the alley. There is additional roof water that crosses here too.
On the inside is another 2′ x 8′ shelf for future plants. We hope we are able to make the third IBC tote into a 250 gal (1000 liter) fish tank for wild edible fish to harvest in fall; either Blue Gills or perch. This will be connected to grow beds within the greenhouse. Because this house is not connected to and does not open up to our house, we will be able to invite bees in to help with pollination.
For the winter, we have a tarp over the top to shed snow and ice; this is working very well. Can’t wait for March, warmer weather and yet another adventure.