We put in the floor, a couple of utility tables, an IBC and the expanded clay; wrapped a tarp around it to keep it safe from one of the coldest and snowiest winters and waited for spring.
Now the inside has begun to transform. The first IBC will become a fish tank for wild fish. We have four additional IBC totes to help in this process. Two were cut into grow beds and the other two are for rain collection.
We cut a whole in the top of the fish tank tote, placed a tarp between the white tank and the tote cage to darken the tank inside and wrapped a white tent fly around the outside of the cage to help keep the tank cooler.
The outsides of the grow beds were painted black to keep algea growth down. We ran a gravity feed pipe from the inside of the fish tank out to run through each of the grow beds and finally to the sump where the water will be pumped back into the fish tank.
Just like GH1, these will have foam floats and net pots filled with plants held by expanded clay.
I will post more pictures as we move forward. Thank you for reading our posts.